Followers

Powered By Blogger
Sunday, June 22, 2008

HDD's Funeral

Today morning after taken my coffee,

Dachuan:Meng How,my comp got probelm come my house can?
I answer:Okay!

................................


When I reached dc house,the first time power on his pc,the HDD lights remains clam and loading are slow tough.Since the probelm are quite complex,so i ask dachuan to bring his pc to my lab.The screen appeared:"Windows has missing or corupt,system32\config\bla bla\.So after that,i perform a setup using my windows XP Pro cd as for executing the repair console.Who knows?When the command "MD TMP" was entered,then the message jump out said"Access Denied".I suspect the HDD which comes with write protection in the repair console.So i try another manual method which are more troublesome,i took out the hdd and plug into my Raid system then boot it up,unfortunately the HDD remains unresponsive when entering the boot screen.So what i suspect is the Bad Sector isue.

Phoned Dc to tell him the truth and ask him to be a more optimistic for my "early Prediction",but unfortunately i still cant managed to format the HDD also even tried about up to 4 times.Diagnostics tell me that the HDD ended with BAD SECTOR probelm.

Below are some snapshots captured just now,


This is the scene when the system was been troubleshooting.[In my Lab]
















This is the pic when the dead Seagate Baracuda was been checked for further probelms with my IDE converter through the desktop.

















The Conclusion

I've tried this action up to 4 times and the error message still remain the same.














So as well for my advice,

"Get a new one instead of replacing a small ones"Quoted by SkyChin
For pc those who more than 4yrs,if any probelm with your pc which require any part replacement.I advicing that not to change it instead of getting a new pc system.Here my friend's case,his father had spent much money in replacing new PSU,mobo for his P4 system.Now regarding the HDD death,he encountered a headache dilema whether choosing to replace or just get a new one.

0 comments:

SkyChin-The Author.

SkyChin-The Author.
I live dream to inspire people,an outccast to normality.

About Me

Counter

Photography made possible by